The final aspiration of this project is to contribute to the theoretical-critical review of the dissolution of the boundaries between fiction and non-fiction in contemporary media culture, as well as media education and social awareness on the issue. To this end, it will be necessary to determine the functions and values of transmedia content with a gender perspective and for social inclusion, so that theoretical and practical academic research can be linked to entities and companies in the hyper-ICT sector through the collaborative production of transmedia fiction and non-fiction works.
The objectives of the FicTrans Project are:
- To review and systematize the recent theoretical debate on the social and cultural implications of the growing dissolution of boundaries between fictionality and factuality within contemporary media culture, as well as on the emergence of transmedialization processes and hybridization of genres and informational and fictional formats associated with it.
- Identify and typify the new emerging news genres and formats in which transmedialization and hybridization of fiction and non-fiction are consolidated (videonews, gamification, AMP stories, fashion films,…), critically determining the social implications and the intertwining of these with processes of infoxication and the contemporary rise of post-truth.
- To design strategies and actions for media literacy and education in transmedia narratives aimed at promoting and training the analysis and critical evaluation of the growing diffusion and hybridization of fiction and non-fiction contents and formats in contemporary culture.
- Identify and analyze the presence or absence of content with a gender perspective and for social inclusion in transmedia fiction and non-fiction works, thereby promoting the necessary social awareness of the dangers of the indistinction of borders between fiction and non-fiction in contemporary media culture.
- Promote co-productions of intermedial and transmedial works and experiences that experiment with the boundaries between fiction and factuality in collaboration with institutions and companies associated with the project, from the implementation of a specific laboratory for experimentation and innovation on fiction, nonfiction and transmedial creation.
- To promote the establishment of university-company synergies (Science Meets Business) through the generation of a regular program of workshops and professional meetings focused on the evaluation, analysis and promotion of good practices of transmedia creation and media hybridization with agents, entities and emerging companies of the hyper-ICT sector.